Guide: Using security groups
Using security groups
Creating a security group
To manage security groups, go to Infrastructure > Network and select the Security Group tab. Click on the Add button to create a security group.
After pressing the button, the Security group window should appear.
After the successful creation operation, the new security group should be visible in the Security groups tab.
Creating a rule
To add a rule to your security group, first select the group you are interested in the Security groups tab. Then click on Add Rule.
The process of creating a rule is presented on the example of the allowing connection via ssh.
- Name - enter the name of the new rule,
- Direction - select the ingress option,
- Rule type - select the Custom Rule option,
- Protocol - TCP,
- Port range - enter value 22, because ssh is listening on this port,
- Secure type - select the network option,
- Source - enter value 0.0.0.0/0, allows from any address,
- Destination type - instance.
Press the Save changes button to create new rule.
After the successful creation operation, the new rule should be visible in the Rules section.